Available for Interviews: Dr. Mimi Secor.
Dr. Mimi Secor, DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN, is a board-certified Nurse Practitioner specializing in Women’s Health for over 40 years. She is a sought-after national speaker and consultant, has been featured in numerous local and national media outlets, and is the #1 international bestselling author of Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life At Any Age.
What Dr. Mimi Secor Can Say in an Interview
About Self-Care and the 8 Pillars of Health:
- The pandemic is almost over! Let’s finish strong—mentally and physically.
- For many, the silver lining (and for some the curse) in this pandemic is having extra time for self-reflection.
- I’ve found myself reflecting on my experiences (personal and professional), highlights, low points, accomplishments, failures, reexamining my priorities, thinking about how I want to spend my time, who I want to spend my time with, and what my life means. And in the midst of all this, I’ve been able to stay on course and continue to live a healthy life. You may be asking, how is that possible?
- Pandemic self-care incorporates the 8 pillars of health. These are the essential priorities you must address in order to reduce your stress, lose weight, feel better about yourself and get healthy and fit. If you can remember the word, PANDEMIC, you will be able to remember the eight pillars of health.
The 8 Pillars of Health
(Can expand on in an interview)
PandemicSelfCare_without cover FINAL
P = Plan
A = Accountability
N = Nighttime
D = Diet
E = Exercise
M = Mindset
I = Intimacy
C = Cortisol
- Contrary to popular myth, you do not have to crash and burn from the extreme stress effects of these scary and uncertain times. It is possible to manage your pandemic stress effectively. It is possible to shed those pandemic pounds and to even get healthy and fit. Despite the continued stress of the pandemic, it is still possible to get back on track and live a healthy life. You can start turning your life around and learn to practice pandemic self-care even in these tumultuous times—today and every day.
Interview: Dr. Mimi Secor
Dr. Mimi Secor, DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN, is a board-certified Family Nurse Practitioner specializing in Women’s Health for 40+ years and more recently, Health and Fitness. She is a popular National Speaker and Consultant, educating advanced practice clinicians and consumers around the country and the world. Dr. Secor and her daughter, Pro Body Builder and Health Coach, “Coach Kat,” run a business helping stressed out professionals become healthier, more confident, and successful. She is also the bestselling author of Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life at Any Age. Dr. Mimi Secor serves the Boston area and travels extensively around the country to help educate and motivate others on how to actualize health and wellness goals.
Director of Public Relations
Success in Media, Inc.