Available for Interviews: Saundra Dalton-Smith, MD
Dr. Saundra Dalton-Smith is an internal medicine physician, a work-life integration researcher, and an international expert on the mind-body-spirit connection. She is also an international speaker and bestselling author of Sacred Rest: Recover Your Life, Renew Your Energy, Restore Your Sanity.
What Dr. Dalton-Smith Can Say in an Interview on:
- Studies suggest work-related stress is most often linked to heart disease when the job characteristics have a high level of performance demanded and a low level of control within the organization.
- Another factor to take into consideration is the level of social support available and the amount of social and emotional rest a person experiences.
- In the research documented in Sacred Rest: Recover Your Life, Renew Your Energy, Restore Your Sanity, Dr. Dalton-Smith discusses the seven types of rest needed for people to thrive:
- Physical: The chance to use the body in restorative ways to decrease muscle tension, reduce headaches, and promote higher quality sleep.
- Mental: The ability to quiet cerebral chatter and focus on things that matter.
- Spiritual: The capacity to experience God in all things and recline in the knowledge of the Holy.
- Emotional: The freedom to authentically express feelings and eliminate people-pleasing behaviors.
- Social: The wisdom to recognize relationships that revive from ones that exhaust and how to limit exposure to toxic people.
- Sensory: The opportunity to downgrade the endless onslaught of sensory input received from electronics, fragrances, and background noise.
- Creative: The experience of allowing beauty to inspire awe and liberate wonder.
- A lack of rest in any one of these areas can lead to a rest deficit with adverse health consequences.
- By getting the right type of rest, you can decrease your cortisol response to stressful situations which in turn decreases the amount of inflammation within the body. Inflammation has been associated with worsening cardiovascular disease and stroke.
Interview: Saundra Dalton-Smith, MD
Dr. Saundra Dalton-Smith runs a consulting and coaching business in Birmingham, AL that helps leaders and high-achievers reshape their views on change, communication, and self-care to optimize their personal and professional effectiveness. She is an international wellness expert and has been featured in numerous media outlets including Fast Company, FOX, MSNBC, Prevention, Psychology Today, Redbook, and Woman’s Day. Dalton-Smith is also an international speaker, a CDC Wellness Series speaker, and hosts a podcast I Choose My Best Life. She is the author of numerous books including her newest bestselling Sacred Rest: Recover Your Life, Renew Your Energy, Restore Your Sanity, which includes ground-breaking insight on the seven types of rest needed to optimize your productivity, increase your overall happiness, overcome burnout, and live your best life. Over 100,000 people have discovered their personal rest deficits using her free assessment at RestQuiz.com. Learn more about her at: DrDaltonSmith.com.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.