Available for Interviews: Saundra Dalton-Smith, MD
Dr. Saundra Dalton-Smith is an internal medicine physician, a work-life integration researcher, and an international expert on the mind-body-spirit connection. She is also an international speaker and bestselling author of Sacred Rest: Recover Your Life, Renew Your Energy, Restore Your Sanity.
Dr. Dalton-Smith was recently published in Shape Magazine on how to feel less sleep-deprived and more rejuvenized when we wake up in the morning. Here’s another story angle on the topic.
What Dr. Dalton-Smith Can Say in an Interview on:
- Studies suggest work-related stress is most often linked to heart disease when the job characteristics have a high level of performance demanded and a low level of control within the organization.
- Another factor to take into consideration is the level of social support available and the amount of social and emotional rest a person experiences.
- In the research documented in Sacred Rest: Recover Your Life, Renew Your Energy, Restore Your Sanity, Dr. Dalton-Smith discusses the seven types of rest needed for people to thrive including physical rest, mental rest, emotional rest, sensory rest, social, rest, spiritual rest, and creative rest.
- A lack of rest in any one of these areas can lead to a rest deficit with adverse health consequences.
- By getting the right type of rest, you can decrease your cortisol response to stressful situations which in turn decreases the amount of inflammation within the body. Inflammation has been associated with worsening cardiovascular disease and stroke.
Interview: Saundra Dalton-Smith, MD
Dr. Saundra Dalton-Smith runs a consulting and coaching business in Birmingham, AL that helps leaders and high-achievers reshape their view on change, communication, and self-care to optimize their personal and professional effectiveness. She is an international wellness expert and has been featured in numerous media outlets including Fast Company, FOX, MSNBC, Prevention, Psychology Today, Redbook, and Women’s Day. Dalton-Smith is also an international speaker, a CDC Wellness Series speaker, and hosts a podcast I Choose My Best Life. She is the author of numerous books including her newest bestselling Sacred Rest: Recover Your Life, Renew Your Energy, Restore Your Sanity, which includes ground-breaking insight on the seven types of rest needed to optimize your productivity, increase your overall happiness, overcome burnout, and live your best life. Over 100,000 people have discovered their personal rest deficits using her free assessment at RestQuiz.com. Learn more about her at: DrDaltonSmith.com.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.