Available for Interviews: Leni Rivera
Leni Rivera is a Workplace Experience specialist and author of its very first book in the industry, Workplace Experience. Her passion is creating work environments that enable employees to be both productive and happy, regardless of where that is.
What Leni Rivera can say in an interview
on Reminders for the Home As the New Workplace
If you are like most employees, you’ve found that working from home has its benefits, and are considering working from home permanently or semi-permanently post-pandemic. If that’s the case, it’s time to level up your “Work from Home” habits and improve your new workplace.
Here are important Do’s and Don’ts reminders to help you along the workday for the long-term:
1. Your home office space
- DO designate a specific space. Consider lighting, an ergonomic chair, proper desk height, and a door to close off distractions if possible.
- DON’T work in a shared space or your garage (especially without heat or air conditioning).
2. Consider your background
for virtual meetings
- DO keep it tidy and neat, make sure any items behind you are appropriate, and bear in mind that your background will reflect your professional appearance.
- DON’T work from intimate personal spaces like your bedroom, bathroom, or closet.
3. Working at your desk all-day
- DO get up every 30 mins, or invest in a sit-stand desk.
- DON’T stay sitting down the whole day. The most common reason for back pain is from sitting down all day.
4. Consider lighting
- DO ensure you have proper lighting: A task light, overhead lighting, natural light if possible, and a face light for virtual conference calls.
- DON’T work in the dark, and be careful of bright light sources: facing a bright day outside a window while you work can cause eye fatigue, and conversely, having a bright light behind you during virtual conference calls will virtually erase your features to people who you are speaking with.
5. Look the part
- DO dress and look appropriate for virtual meetings.
- DON’T keep your video off during meetings—so be dressed appropriately, wash your face, and comb your hair!
Interview: Leni Rivera
Leni Rivera is a Workplace Experience specialist and author of its very first book in the industry. Her passion is creating work environments that enable employees to be both productive and happy, regardless of where that is.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.