Available for Interviews: Dr. Alice Fong
Alice Fong, ND, is an integrative naturopathic doctor specializing in stress, integrative medicine, diet & weight loss, and is a business growth consultant for holistic healthcare providers.
What Dr. Alice Fong can say in an interview
Assumptions are the conclusions we draw based on the information we are given and our perspective and lived experience. We often think our assumptions are true without solid proof. People tend to make assumptions about so many things and this is natural. It happens as we try to make sense of things happening around us. However, while it is natural to make assumptions, they aren’t always correct. In a lot of cases, they can cause problems as we act based on what we believe is true without having the full context or understanding of the situation.
Continue reading “Assumptions: How to Deal With Their Impact on Our Lives”
Available for Interviews: Rob Cornilles.
For a quarter century Rob Cornilles has been known as the “sales coach for sports.” His firm, Game Face, Inc., pioneered executive training for professional and collegiate sports teams and has since advised more than 40,000 executives at more than 300 sports brands worldwide, forever changing how sports and entertainment properties connect with their fans.
What Rob Cornilles can say in an interview
on Sports and Civil Unrest:
As major league sports prepare to return in July (as has been widely reported) those plans will likely be scuttled due to the civil unrest rocking American cities.
- No fan, already worried about health concerns, will return to stadiums when you throw safety concerns on top of it.
- Players are not going to want to venture into urban locales where most venues are located, if their safety cannot be assured.
- Sports may not be as important as peaceful protesting, but sports is a healing agent that will now be pushed back until the carnage stops.
- The very communities that rely on sporting events to build up their economy are being hurt from this outbreak of violence across major markets.
Continue reading “No Peace, No Sports—How Civil Unrest Could Change Sporting Events”
Available for Interviews: Dr. Colleen Cira
Dr. Colleen Cira, Psy.D., is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist who specializes in Women and Trauma, and has worked with hundreds of people struggling with mental health issues.
Talking Points on What Dr. Cira Can Say in an Interview
About Explaining Protests to kids:
- Parents, especially White Parents, should be having conversations with children about race anyway, protests or not. Institutionalized racism is as old as America, so parents need to be talking to their children about power and privilege early on. Reading books that discuss racism and have different characters with different races, ethnicities, and cultures is recommended. Only by starting this conversation early can we ever expect to have a more loving, less hateful world.
Continue reading “Delicate Topics: How to Explain Protests to Kids”