Dr. Mimi Secor stepped out of her comfort zone to get fit, and she wants to motivate others to do the same
Dr. Mimi Secor has a Doctorate in Nursing Practice, is a Nurse Practitioner and serves the Boston, MA area. She travels extensively and is available for live or remote interviews.
Talking Points from Dr. Mimi for an Interview on age & fitness:
- Dr. Mimi, a certified nurse practitioner for over 40 years was pursuing her doctorate when she realized she had let her health take the backseat in her life and needed to make a drastic change.
- Symptoms that lead to Dr. Mimi’s transformation: weight gain, sleep loss, and anxiety.
- Dr. Mimi gets in shape on an exercise bicycle in her livingroom, lifting light weights—all the while working on her doctorate. Continue reading “62-Year-Old Makes Bodybuilding Debut”
Dr. Mimi Secor has a Doctorate in Nursing Practice, is a Nurse Practitioner and serves the Boston, MA area. She travels extensively and is available for live or remote interviews. Dr. Mimi not only fulfilled her life-long dream to become a doctor, but also took up bodybuilding—no easy task for someone in her early 60s! Dr. Mimi is a shining example that anyone, even people in their 60s and beyond, can accomplish big goals if they just have the will power, plan, and action to fuel them.
From Dr. Mimi on recently achieving her dreams:
My lifelong dream was to become a doctor. At the age of 59 I returned to graduate school and earned my doctorate degree at age 61. I was the oldest in my class and not only was I honored to be chosen as the student speaker at our graduation, but I also received the Student Service Award for my contributions to the nurse practitioner profession.
Continue reading “Achieving Your Dreams in Your Golden Years”
Dr. Secor has been a board certified Family Nurse Practitioner specializing in Women’s Health for over 40 years and here’s what she can say about women’s period pain:
Continue reading “Un-Talked-About Truth: Period Pain”
The latest guidelines are still controversial. Many women are still following the old guidelines.
What Dr. Mimi Secor Can Say in an interview:
- It is very important to get your doctor to explain the not so new guidelines (2012) that are still controversial (Switching to every 5 years at 30… women are still freaked out about it.) If the doctor doesn’t know about the new guidelines, you may need a new doctor.
- We need to trust the science as doctors and be able to explain it.
- The future looks like we will have guidelines to NOT do pap smears in the future and just HPV testing. It’s been proposed by the U.S. … task force just not rolled out yet.
- The vaccination is SO misunderstood and SO effective.
- Not enough young kids are getting it and we have a very vulnerable group.
- HPV prevents oral, cervical, anal – 60% of oral cancer is related to HPV (throat).
Available for Interviews: Dr. Mimi Secor
Dr. Mimi Secor is a popular National Speaker and Consultant, educating advanced practice clinicians and consumers around the country and the world. She is the author of the book, Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life at Any Age.
PR Managing Editor
Success In Media, Inc.