Available for Interviews: Dr. Michael Evangel
Dr. Michael S. Evangel, Chiropractic Physician, is the owner of the Chiropractic Wellness Center in Paramus, NJ. For over 30 years, his mission is to provide state of the art, high-quality care to people of all ages.
What Dr. Mike Evangel could say on this:
- If you are working from home, get up 5 minutes every hour and exercise! This will increase your productivity, improve your circulation and reduce “cabin fever.”
- Some exercises that you can do without equipment include pushups, planks, ab exercises. wall half squats, squat thrusts and Burpee exercises. You can also make up your own exercises using your imagination and various household articles.
Continue reading “Lockdown Basics on Physical Fitness at Home”
Available for Interviews: Dr. Mimi Secor
Dr. Mimi Secor DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN, is a board-certified Nurse Practitioner specializing in Women’s Health for over 40 years. She is a sought-after national speaker and consultant, has been featured in numerous local and national media outlets, and is the #1 international bestselling author of Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life At Any Age.
What Dr. Mimi Secor can say in an interview on
some common exercise and weight loss myths:
There are a lot of common myths out there that we all tend to hold as true. This interview will explore these and go deep into offering real, tangible ways to exercise and eat right to achieve your weight loss goals.
- MYTH: “You can easily lose weight exercising.” Most people think they can exercise to lose weight. Unfortunately, it is difficult to burn off that many calories, so diet is also usually a necessary component.
- MYTH: “You CAN out-exercise an unhealthy diet.” Many people think they can do hours of cardio exercise and effectively lose weight. Contrary to popular myth, you can NOT out-exercise an unhealthy diet. Continue reading “6 Myths About Exercise & Weight Loss”
Interview Dr. Mimi Secor and she can discuss and expand on the following Top 10 tips for relaxation:
- Avoid caffeine during your work shift, especially near the end of the shift.
- Exercise earlier in the day. Regular exercise can promote sleep, however working out too close to bedtime can make it challenging to unwind and fall asleep. Continue reading “Top 10 Tips for Relaxing After a Long Workday”
As a Licensed Clinical Psychologist who specializes in Trauma, Dr. Cira worked with hundreds of people on how to increase happiness in their lives, even after they experience the unthinkable. We all have a certain happiness set-point, but there are things we can do to encourage our set-points to move in a better direction.
During the current pandemic our stress and anxiety is at a high. Although there are many aspects of this crisis that is out of our control, there are still strategies we can employ to keep this in check and experience happiness.
Continue reading “7 Ways We Can Strive for Happiness During the Current Pandemic”
Interview: Dr. Colleen Cira, Psy.D.
Dr. Colleen Cira is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist as well as the Founder and Executive Director of Cira Center for Behavioral Health, PC. She is an anxiety and trauma expert as well as a consultant, supervisor, speaker, writer and advocate.
Talking points for an interview on summer depression:
For people who are vulnerable to depression, summer can make people feel better (sunshine! fun plans! vacations!) BUT Summer can also sometimes make people feel worse, especially if they are comparing themselves to others who seem to be living their best life during these warm weather months.
Continue reading “Suffering From Summertime Blues? 6 Strategies to Feel Happier”
5 Ways to Survive the Winter Blues
“Winter Blues” is a pretty straightforward phenomenon that most of us are familiar with: this idea that our moods tend to tank a bit in the winter. Between January and March it’s tough to keep our moods elevated. Other than taking a Sabbatical to Mexico, what’s a person to do? Here are a few ideas:
Continue reading “5 Ways to Survive the Winter Blues”
Do you like to catch up on physical activity on the weekend? Exercise is great, but unfortunately there are some common injuries. Good news, you can.
Here is what one of our Chiropractic Health and Wellness experts can say: